Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ubuntu. Universal Law African style

I arrived in South Africa sure that the Universe had plotted my Journey here to expand my horizons in much more than obvious ways after all when the Universe sends you a message or a lesson it's never just a straight call, there are always many different layers, multi dimensions.

So, when I met a South African who told me he was a practitioner of Ubuntu and espoused a little info it naturally got my curiosity and sounded very similar to the tenets of Kabbalah and it's Universal Law.

Hmmmm an African view of our relationship with the Universe, perhaps some of my ancestors were aware of this and were perhaps practitioners of this Universal Law.

It is the essence of our purpose here. We are all part of the Universe and the Universe is in part in all of us. I am because I belong. It's about compassion, mercy and kindness.

A person with Ubuntu is welcoming, hospitable, warm and generous, willing to share.

Open, communicative and available to others, willing to be vulnerable, affirming of others, they do not feel threatened that others are able and good, for they have a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that they belong in a greater whole and happy for others when they ahve the gift of plenty.

They know that they are diminished when others are humiliated, diminished when others are oppressed, diminished when others are treated as if they were less than who they are. Ubuntu is about conquering your ego and being abel to share. The quality of Ubuntu gives people resilience, enabling them to survive and emerge still human despite all efforts to dehumanise them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Just passing through and enjoying life. I use this blog to keep hold of my thoughts & opinions. In general anything that interest me.