Saturday, December 17, 2011

Acts of Faith - Words by Iyanla Vanzant




There is this thing going around. 
If you are not careful it will attach itself to you. When it does, it will drain you of everything you have. It will suck you dry and leave you to die. 
This thing is called the Spirit of the Ego. It attacks your brain. It can drive you insane. It never lets you rest. It is constantly telling you what to do. 

Do this! Do that! Do it faster! Do it better! Do it quick! Do it now! Do it today! Do it for me! Do it for money! Do it or else! Do it again! You better do it! You better not do it! They saw you do it! You should do it!You should not try to do it! You can't do it! You'd better do it! Don't you ever do it! 

There is only one way to rid yourself of the Spirit of the Ego. Close your eyes, take a deep breath and repeat (as many times as you like).

Mother Earth, Father Sun, what would you have me do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Just passing through and enjoying life. I use this blog to keep hold of my thoughts & opinions. In general anything that interest me.