Thursday, July 14, 2011

Conf calls, zoning out & people that breathe heavily down the phone line......

I was on a conf call listening to someone drearily run through a project meeting & I could hear someone breathing down the line - Oh great, I get to spend the next hour listening to this.

Breathe in - airways sound clear - Breathe out, I really hate having this sound in my ear!

Then I stopped hearing it & just Zoned out......
Poppppp, Question:
How many times do we take a breathe during our lifetime.

So, The average respiration rate for a person at rest is about 16 breaths per minute (on the conf call it was about 19).


This means on average, we breathe about 960 breaths an hour  -
23040 breaths a day

8409600 a year

So should I be lucky enough to reach to 80, then that means on average I will have take 672,768,000 breaths in a lifetime!

This is based on a persons average respiration rate at rest. No it doesn't cover during exercise, running (which I refuse to do anyway, unless my life is in danger).

Apparently, when we are children we breathe quicker & take more breaths (smaller lungs maybe).
So, now you know, if you were wondering that is! & now I really have to get back to work;-) & I really, really need to get a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Just passing through and enjoying life. I use this blog to keep hold of my thoughts & opinions. In general anything that interest me.